100 physicians attend WCOMA’s legislative forum
The Wayne County Osteopathic Medical Association held its 2013 Legislative Forum on February 11 at Andiamo’s in Dearborn. The meeting of nearly 100 enthusiastic WCOMA members hosted a panel of legislators addressing the concerns of member physicians in Wayne County.
- Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville, representing the 17th State District which includes all of Monroe County, the southern part of Washtenaw County and part of Jackson County.
- State Representative Dale Zorn, representing District 56 which includes parts of Monroe County including Luna Pier, Milan and Petersburg as well as the townships of Bedford, Dundee, Erie, Ida, LaSalle, Milan, Monroe, Raisinville, Summerfield and Whiteford.
- State Representative Bill LaVoy, representing Michigan’s 17th House District which covers portions of Wayne and Monroe Counties, including the cities of Monroe, Flat Rock and Rockwood.
- State Representative Thomas Stallworth, representing the 7th House District which includes Highland Park and a part of the city of Detroit.
- State Representative David Knezek, representing Michigan’s 11th House District which includes areas within Wayne County such as Dearborn Heights, Garden City and Inkster.
Edward J. Canfield, D.O., president of the Michigan Osteopathic Association said “It’s important for us to develop relationships with our legislators, speak to them as individuals. We understand our issues as physicians and we need to share our concerns and get our message out there.”